Re: My syncing disks problem

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

:Hmmm, softupdates.
:
:I have the same problem -- would the fact that the two filesystems
:I had mounted read-write which were afflicted by this ( / and /var )
:did not have softupdates enabled have anything to do with it?
:
:(Hrm, when I `newfs'ed my filesystems, seems I neglected to enable
:softupdates, or else my NetBSD isn't patched to leave this flag
:alone.  No filesystem mounted read-write is immune to this.  When
:the / filesystem was affected, the number of buffers was 1 as in
:the original post; when I had /var mounted rw as well, the number
:was 5.  Haven't tried supplied patch.)
:thanks
:barry bouwsma

    Don't try the patch.  It causes panics on my test box (it creates
    a recursion inside softupdates, sigh).  And it doesn't work anyway
    by reports so...

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>