Re: VFS ROADMAP (and vfs01.patch stage 1 available for testing)

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:58:54 +0200

-On [20040816 11:52], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    Yes, I think you could.  The cluster abstraction would be
>    a superset of the jail abstraction.  So much so, in fact, that the
>    jail concept would be obsoleted.   e.g. the cluster will partition off
>    cpu, network, and memory resources.

Sounds more and more like PVM (http://www.csm.ornl.gov/pvm/pvm_home.html),
but taken a bit further (unless PVM progressed a lot since I last looked at
it, if so, mea culpa).

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.tibet.nu/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Don't let your curiosity take you beyond the world where you belong...