default smtpd

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:54:28 -0400

Hi all,

It seems every Linux/BSD has reoccuring wars with what MTA to use by
default, everyone has their own ideas and licenses. For me, one of the
first things I do with a box is run my scripts to rip out the existing
smtpd and install my own preference.

While a mail transfer mechanism is pretty much required with a base
install, I don't think a full blown mail transfer agent is. I propose
a default simple smtp forwarder which will listen to and
deliver locally or forward the connection to a local or isp smtpd, as

Will this cause anyone problems?

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx