Re: multi-ip jail

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:23:52 +0200

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> scribbled:
> :
> :I know all this and much more will come in future, but I was still
> :wondering whether anyone already ported multi-ip jail capability to
> :Dfly? It would help me stop fighting with freebsd where I had to
> :manually fix it in order to even apply it and now I am having problems
> :with requiring setting outgoing source TCP address in order to have
> :working outgoing communication. How much would FreeBSD 4.x patch work
> :for Dfly? Would it be hard to port? Is jail and networking part that
> :different already?
> :
> :Tomaž
>     The networking code has changed a lot but the jail code is pretty
>     much the same.  I don't expect it would be particularly difficult
>     to port and I would be willing to allow it (since I don't think it would
>     interfere with any current work), but I'd have to see the patch to see
>     how much of a hack it is.  You might have to do some rewriting.
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As this has been an interest of mine in the past, I'll get pjd's work
ported over. Look for patches on submit@ today.

Toma; if you have any other suggestions or requests, please feel free to
email me (or reply to this topic) or visit on IRC (I'm on EFNet as

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell   |          dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Key: 4D3D8CA7     | IRC: bofh@WhatNET thebofh@efnet