Re: DragonFly_Stable tag

From: Enemy God <jasse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:51:13 +0200

justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"Garance A Drosihn" <drosih@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

At 2:46 PM -0700 9/15/04, Matthew Dillon wrote:

   I am hoping to make DragonFly_Stable (maybe I should name it
   something else) just be a float tag indicating a 'reasonably
   stable point'

Maybe some name to indicate that the tag itself is moving, and not a frozen point in time? E.g.: LATEST_SAFEBUILD RECENT_RESTSTOP or MOVING_TARGET (heh).

What about LATEST_STABLE_BUILD? It has all the good connotations of "stable", with an indicator that it's a moving tag.

or KNOWN_GOOD, as that's what it was being called on the website when we
had a 'known good' ISO.  What do we then call 'tag=.'?

Sorry. just couldn't resist it.

We should probably have cvsup config files to match.

-- Jasse -- Old Os/2 junkies never die, we just keep on rocking