Re: Description of the Journaling topology

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:31:11 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
Well, in this scenario A and B would not be doing the journaling, the NFS
server would be doing the journaling. The act of journaling is not something you run independantly on N machines all sharing the same
NFS based filesystem. That would never work.

Ah, ok. I thought that's what you were proposing -- journal on A and B. I re-read your message, and you're proposing the journal itself to fly over the TCP connection, not journaling locally for filesystems connected over TCP.

This freaking cold I have makes reading and thinking difficult. :-)

Dave