Re: Kernel panic/dump: ffs_valloc (dup alloc) + request for a leaf account

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:38:14 -0800 (PST)

    Well, I looked at the core dump.  The contents of the dinode appears
    to be mostly garbage.... values that should not be possible even if it
    were in fact improperly reusing an inode.

    I suspect that the remaining 'dup alloc' reports are due to the ATA
    driver... either buggy hardware or a missing workaround in our ATA
    driver for the buggy hardware.  I've been running diff -u on a 6GB data
    set and rm -rf + cvs checkout tests for over two days straight on both
    of my test boxes without a problem.

    One thing that might be worth doing ... try changing the DMA mode for
    the ATA hard disk using atacontrol to something slower, reboot into
    single user, do a manual fsck, then see if the system is more stable.