Re: Version numbering for release DECISION!

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:02:59 +0200

-On [20050328 12:42], Bill Hacker (wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>That said, I think Jeroen's point as to community
>'confusion' was spot-on - especially when I realized
>my own first impression of what 'WORKING' really
>meant was suspect.

In my experience all this about names for various types of 'releases' makes
sense to developer types, but the average system administrator/user just
cares about:

- production
- non-production

Going past that point is adding confusion to your userbase's understanding
of the product you are creating.

But that's all just in my humble opinion of course.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Give me the strength to be who I was, and forgive me for who I am...