Re: PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:28:18 -0700 (PDT)

:Yes, that should be fine. I can set that up.
:
:Is it okay, if I set up NFS to serve up the pkgsrc tree so both jails can
:use it? Or is there another way to share the directory?
:
:Pkgsrc is already designed to allow same pkgsrc tree to be used
:simultaneously. Just set WRKDIR_BASENAME and PACKAGES to be unique for
:each build. Also there are some "locking" techniques which I have not used
:yet, which possibly can be used to make sure one build doesn't attempt to
:use a partially downloaded distfile being retrieved by another build (but
:this won't matter if the distfiles are already retrieved).

    Yes, absolutely fine with me, as long as it is a read-only NFS export.
    I would actually prefer to export it from the real root, if you give
    me the path to export.

:By the way, NetBSD pkgsrc provides a NetBSD-specific library called
:libkver. It provides libkver library which provides uname(3) and sysctl(3)
:and a sysctl(8) replacement. This is used to override the system version
:-- so we can do bulk builds on a release candidate (or other) but the
:resulting binaries hopefully won't have hard-coded references to the
:actual build system version.
:
:  Jeremy C. Reed

    Interesting (not knowing anything else about it other then your
    description, that's about the only comment I can make :-)).

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>