Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system

From: Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:12:00 +0300

On 16 September 2005 01:54, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> I've used JIRA in production before and it's just nice. I think that
> if Java will run on DragonFly, there's no reason to not use it. Even
> if it requires running a non-DragonFly machine, I think the features
> it provides are very worthwhile.

What's the importance of "self-hosting" or "closed-sourceness of BTS"?
Aren't these non-issues?

As I see it, potential reporter'd be interested in whether the bugs are dealt
with promptly and effectively. Potential developer or sponsor'd like to know
whether BTS is really helping or hindering (chosen wisely).

/like in real life example of freebsd's "BTS" which refused to take my report
and suggested to write e-mail. But I'd bet it was ideologically pure BTS.
sorry/

-regards