Re: FreeBSD-current 802_11 stack --> DragonFly_Preview

To: Andrew Atrens <atrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:07:28 +0100

Andrew,

Thank you very much for the hard work and effort for making 802.11 work on DragonFly; this will go a long way. I am in total support for bringing in the ifconfig utility from FreeBSD -CURRENT as it has such a better modular and command parsing architecture. It will need to be kept in sync with the changes we have made, mostly kernel data structures, etc.

On that note, I would also like to extend my thanks to some of the people who made this possible in the first place, most importantly Sam Leffler for doing the wireless and crypto work and Brooks Davis for revamping the ifconfig utility to not be such a mess. I am sure I am missing names here. :-)

Thanks!

Hiten Pandya
hmp at {dragonflybsd,freebsd}.org

Andrew Atrens wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've re-synched my 802_11 patch with FreeBSD-current and got it integrated
into DragonFly_Preview. I'm running it at the moment, and it's working quite
well.