Re: Install Log

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Erik P. Skaalerud" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:27:01 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
	* Anyone who can download the release can also download the sources.
	  This is certainly not entirely true for people who get the release
	  on a mailed CD, but it is again a matter of the vast majority of
	  people having access to the internet.

How? Using cvsup? What if they are downloading the dragonfly iso on a windows PC? Use cvsweb to download one file at a time? Naah..

When I had my mirror up, I provided src tar-gz archives every night on my http server. I saw alot of people starting to download(mirror?) it aswell, so it was obviously useful.

Since my mirror isnt alive, nobody else have provided this service.

Perhaps this is something that dragonflybsd.org should host?

- Erik