Re: Plans for 1.8+ (2.0?)

From: "Chris Csanady" <cc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:43:13 -0600

2007/2/1, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>:
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 09:22:48AM -0500, c.turner wrote:
> Anyone have any insight why LFS was abandonded rather than being
> updated..

Huh? My laptop is running LFS right now...

It was my understanding that LFS suffered from an unsolved problem with the cleaner. As the filesystem fills up, there may no longer be enough contiguous free space to run the cleaner, and that you may run into a situation where you could deadlock your filesystem. Even when the filesystem is near full, there needs to be a deterministic method for ensuring that this doesn't happen.

Has this been solved?

Chris