Re: Virtualbox support?

From: Freddie Cash <fcash-ml@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:38:24 -0700

On Friday 13 April 2007 01:59 pm, Gergo Szakal wrote:
> Virtualbox is a freeware (has a limited opensource version too) virtual
> machine. Faster than VMWare and works under Windows and Linux.
> http://www.virtualbox.org/
> Dragnfly won't boot under virtualbox, it freezes at the countdown
> screen. Is there any way to debug this? Maybe it would be cool, because
> there are folks (like me) who cannot afford VMWare Virtual PC.

VMWare Server 1.x is available as a free download at
http://www.vmware.com, and runs on most Linux distros, and Windows 2000+.
Haven't tried DragonflyBSD as a host, but FreeBSD 6.0-6.2 works quite
nicely (as does Debian Linux 4.0, and Windows XP).

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-2 CCNT CCLP      Network Support Technician
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]