Re: Virtualbox support?

From: Mischa Peters <dfbsd@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:49:25 +0200

On Apr 13, 2007, at 23:38, Freddie Cash wrote:
On Friday 13 April 2007 01:59 pm, Gergo Szakal wrote:
Virtualbox is a freeware (has a limited opensource version too) virtual
machine. Faster than VMWare and works under Windows and Linux.
http://www.virtualbox.org/
Dragnfly won't boot under virtualbox, it freezes at the countdown
screen. Is there any way to debug this? Maybe it would be cool, because
there are folks (like me) who cannot afford VMWare Virtual PC.

VMWare Server 1.x is available as a free download at
http://www.vmware.com, and runs on most Linux distros, and Windows 2000+.
Haven't tried DragonflyBSD as a host, but FreeBSD 6.0-6.2 works quite
nicely (as does Debian Linux 4.0, and Windows XP).

I have been running DragonFly in VMWare Server since the first release of VMWare Server as a production machine.
Since 1.0.2 it runs without any problems at all.

Mischa