Re: PPP/PPPoE users?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Hello.
:Just wanted to know if it's a PEBKAC or not -- is anyone using PPP or PPPoE
:on DragonFly 1.8 or later?  Currently my router is running DragonFly
:1.4, and when I tried to upgrade it to 1.8 last week, I found that
:it's no longer able to establish PPPoE connection to my ISP for ADSL
:connection.  I seem to recall that it also failed on 1.6 many months ago,
:but I'm not really sure.  I'm using PPTP with mpd and I don't have a problem
:with it.
:
:Any information would be appreciated.
:Thanks.

    Hmm.  It sounds like an excellent opportunity to tcpdump the network
    activity from 1.4 and 1.8 to see what's different.  Something like:

    tcpdump -n -s 4096 -i interface -l <other options>

    And then add clauses until you can narrow the traffic down to just
    the pppoe initialization.  Then compare 1.4 vs 1.8.

					<dillon@backplane.com>