Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/disk/fd fd.c fdc.h

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 18:57:29 +0200

On 2007-05-21 06:45, Matthew Dillon wrote:
: sys/dev/disk/fd fd.c fdc.h : Log:

    It took all night to give the floppy driver its new shine, I had to
    rip an old floppy drive from one of my dead hulks to test it since
    not a single one of my live machines has one any more.

    The only device driver left that rolls its own disklabel is vinum,
    and it is a real mess.  I will look into it more on monday but it
    may not be possible to retain direct compatibility.

Isn't it about time to drop support for floppies soon? Legacy support is probably not what most people using DF is looking for and the developers have (in my opinion at least) better things to spend their time on.

Just a though, and I might be wrong.

--
Erik Wikström