Re: 2.0 installer integration

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 19:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

    Ok, I added CD support to the virtual kernel, and I can boot it!
    But the installer still doesn't quite work because it is trying to
    access all the vidcontrol modes on the virtual terminals, and it wants
    to switch VTs as well.

    Does anyone know any pfi.conf magic we can specify to have it not
    use multiple virtual screens?

    Alternatively it would be possible to create a feature where the real
    machine could 'connect' to the VT devices on a live virtual kernel...
    that would be a pretty cool feature if you ask me.  Anyone want to have
    a go at it?  It would mean using the kqueue API in the vkernel to set
    up a unix domain socket on the real machine to accept from, then be
    able to connect to the socket from the real machine.  Not trivial, but
    not difficult either.

					<dillon@backplane.com>