Re: HAMMER filesystem update - design document

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 07:31:24 -0400

Thomas Zander wrote:
On 14/10/2007, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

    Theoretically a transaction id can be stored along with the quota state
    and the quota state can be updated on the fly when a cluster gets
    recovered.  I wasn't planning on implementing quotas in HAMMER for 2.0
    but it's definitely possible to do it without requiring a rescan.

Certainly I didn't mean to say that quota support for Hammer in 2.0 was the most important thing on earth. But as it is such a feature-rich and modern filesystem approach, users will eventually appreciate quota support at some stage of development.

I can't wait to test Hammer on my Pentium Pro box with 48M of RAM :-)

Riggs

Given that B<whatever> tree critters long ago lived on 10% of that RAM and less than 10% the clock speed of the slowest PPro ever shipped, it just might work....

But the sound of your hard drives swapping might explain what motivated the Singer sewing machine company to enter the computer business...

;-)

Bill