Re: HAMMER update 06-Feb-2008

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:42:45 +0000

Petr Janda wrote:
Make this a 1.12, because HAMMER is only in an alpha state. Then when HAMMER is production ready release, change the numbering scheme altogether. The roman numerals for example are nice, and would attract attention. DragonFly XIII sure looks good, and the june release DragonFly XIV. Maybe dump the odd-even numbering altogether.

Petr

Whatever else is decided, as one saddled with a roman numeral surname suffix these past 63 years, I'm dead-set against those!

Give a thought to my numerous Irish friends, who casually drop 'aitches', and what happens to 'William B Hacker III'.

;-)

- and fast forward with 'X' = [unknown | mystery], and find

XIII == 'DragonFlyBSD's [unknown | mysterious] turd release'

There's gotta be a better way?

Bill