Re: DMA

To: Dan M <strangepics@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 12:55:26 +0200

Dan M wrote:
I've come around to the idea, though - I like the idea of a simple,
BSD-licensed mailer.  It's also not really useful to in an open source
project saying, "No, don't work on a part of the project that makes you
excited!"

I agree. If that makes him excited, why not? I also think there's nothing wrong with a good modular, secure design, like that of qmail. Doesn't mean anyone has to implement the same code methodology as DJB. Although he did mention he is aware of the design... Bruce Guenter also uses the DJB design methodology, but not the DJB coding style. It would suck to see something new that's flawed and ridden with security holes though - that would be reinventing the wheel. Case in point is lighttpd. They claimed they were secure, better than Apache, etc. At least two remote security holes in the last two versions.... Oh well.

Then lets use nginx :)

The main reason why I use nginx is that it works well and is IMHO easier
to administrate than Apache and lighttpd. Performance and security are
of course a necessity and in case of nginx it's a bonus :)

Regards,

Michael