Re: HAMMER update 11-June-2008

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:01:08 +1000

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Aggelos Economopoulos
<aoiko@cc.ece.ntua.gr> wrote:
> POHMELFS (http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=pohmelfs)
> is a network filesystem, thus not very similar to HAMMER (and the performance
> measurements vary a lot as Evgeniy Polyakov adds/removes features). A very
> interesting project anyway.
>
> You were probably thinking of btrfs
> (http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page) on top of which Zach Brown
> and friends are building crfs (http://oss.oracle.com/projects/crfs/). These
> two seem to be moving in the direction Matt wants to take. Unfortunately I
> don't have the time to follow their development (only so many hours in a
> day).

Yes of course, I was only referring to Matt's network part of the
filesystem. I forgot all about btrfs since I haven't heard much news
of it lately, but POHMELFS is in my RSS feeds every day.

--
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University