Re: human-readable dmesg

To: Alexander Polakov <polachok@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:16:49 +0200

Alexander Polakov schrieb:
2009/5/23, Sascha Wildner <saw@online.de>:
Matthew Dillon schrieb:
    I like the idea of putting it in a kernel module so we can have
    the messages if we want them.  I'm just trying to avoid source
    duplication.
OK, but still we have to be careful with removing/changing pcidevs file
entries. They are not consistent across the different BSDs.

If I could compile GENERIC with it, then it's ok, right?

To clarify what I meant:

For example, replacing our pcidevs the one you submitted would change the ID for AMDTEK AN985 from 0x0985 to 0x1985. Now if any of our drivers uses PCI_PRODUCT_ADMTEK_AN985 for matching devices it supports, it might be in trouble.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx