DragonFly pkgsrc maintainers wanted

From: "Alex Hornung" <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:08:39 -0000

Hi,

I've contacted Alistair Crooks (agc@) about our recent problems with getting
our issues fixed in pkgsrc (e.g. m4).

There is the possibility of some of the people who are actively involved
with DragonFly to get access to pkgsrc, so that we could have a direct way
of dealing with this kind of issues. This is a great chance that we should
take advantage of.

Samuel (sjg@) has already signalled some interest in this. Is there anyone
else who would *pretty please* want to sit at the interface between
DragonFly and pkgsrc so we actually get our fixes in?

I'll just quote Aggelos about the requirements for this:
" a) a bit of time to review patches
  b) common sense
  you only have to do the committing, not the patch writing "

Ideally the patch writer also verifies that the patch doesn't affect other
systems that rely on pkgsrc, mainly NetBSD, but possibly this could be
requirement c).

Cheers,
Alex Hornung