RE: Port DragonFly to Xen platform

From: "Alex Hornung" <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:37:21 -0000

: As a side effect of this, will interrupt routing need to be fixed?

I don't see how this has anything to do with a Xen port. Our interrupt
routing is not broken but rather outdated. We still rely on the mptable
instead of doing ACPI interrupt routing (and we also lack MSI support), but
that's a different issue, unless Xen *requires* MSI, which I doubt.

: Also, I am looking at doing the NUMA project (investigation stage) so
: that could work with a Xen port nicely.
: I, myself look forward to a Xen port !

While I see the point of a Xen port, I'm starting to think that something
along the lines of KVM or hardware virtualization support for vkernels might
be more interesting and relevant.

Cheers,
Alex Hornung