RE: bugtracker switch

From: "Alex Hornung" <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:45:00 +0100

: Oliver Fromme wrote:
:  > The existing tracker didn't pick up my name from the "From"
:  > line of my postings to the submit newsgroup ...  Is this
:  > problem fixed with the new tracker?
:
: Sorry for replying to myself ...  I just noticed that it
: indeed picks up my name correctly.  So this is certainly
: an improvment with redmine.
[...]
: The cookie +...@ is generated automatically when I post to
: a newsgroup.  In sendmail terminologie, the part after "+"
: is called "detail" and can be used to specify additional
: information for the recipient of the message.  (The "check"
: part is fixed and has no meaning to the message filtering
: software.  I can replace this string with anything I like.)
:
: The problem is that redmine seems to assume that it is part
: of the user's identification, so every time I post to the
: submit newsgroup it creates a new user identity.
: So redmine lists about ten users with my name.

I don't quite understand; how do you know how redmine picks up your name?
I've no public email or list or anything set up, only my localhost mailing.
The users are imported from roundup, so whatever your username(s) there
was/were, are the usernames now.

Cheers,
Alex