Re: resident stack size

From: Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 06:48:46 +0200

Jan Lentfer schrieb:
Pratyush Kshirsagar schrieb:
I went through the code for top in /contrib/top/ but their was no specific information about the functions being called for getting the resident stack size.
Or any construct which gives the resident stack size.
Theirs the function get_process_info and get_system_info (definition resides in one of the file) but they give the cpu and memory usage statistics/ time values.
If you know how does it gets the resident stack size, please tell me.
Till then I will go through it again.

If irc it is in m_dragonfly.c (usr/bin/top):

hmmppf... copy and paste from a html page looks stupid even in plain text ;-). Here we go again:

line 87
#define VP(pp, field) ((pp)->kp_vm_ ## field)

line 630
format_k(pagetok(VP(pp, rssize))),

and you should look in sys/sys/kinfo.h

Jan