Re: proposed addition for sys/raid/ips (ServeRaid) driver in order to support latest 6M cards from Adaptec

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:00:30 +0200

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

Did you kldload'ed the ips.ko?

Heh, no :) I checked again and it works! It recognizes my RAID-1 volume and I can install DFlyBSD on it. I was under impression that kernel would automatically discover it.

Few moments later...
Yes, I can install it just fine and after adding ips_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf it even boots properly :)

28:53 for make -j8 when compiling (gcc2) latest dfly with SMP kernel,
36:41 for gcc34 :)

Tomaž