Re: Kissing the beastie goodbye

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 01:49:20 +0200

Joerg Anslik wrote:

I just kicked the FreeBSD beastie out of our repository and brought
Fred into it. This incorporates the "Technicolor Fred" patch submitted
by Aaron Malone, which he posted on January 5, 2004 (poah!).

Hi,

Thanks for the patch. I've committed most of it except for the following two:

* We can't rename beastie-start to fred-start in sys/boot/i386/loader/loader.rc since this file gets installed only if there is not already a ${DESTDIR}/boot/loader.rc (i.e. only once). We'll have to wait with that until someone implements merging config files with CVS (as it was discussed a couple of months ago).

* For renaming beastie.4th to fred.4th a repo copy has to be done. Otherwise we'll lose CVS history. I've asked Matt to do it.

Regards,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx