Re: nfe(4) for nVidia GigE

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:39:18 +0800

On 8/27/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I found one problem, but I don't know if it will fix the TX watchdog
    timeouts.

    nfe_encap() is totally broken.  It is setting each ring segment to
    NFE_TX_VALID as it goes, before it finishes writing out all the segments.
    In fact, it seems to be setting NFE_TX_VALID before it sets the LASTFRAG
    flag!  It's amazing that it works at all.

Yeah, that's it!! Thank you very much!! I didn't figure out the real cause in the old version, but instead went to the sidetrack: adding a delay in nfe_encap() :-P

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die