Re: Looking at giving DF a go... advice?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 13:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

:How is it working for you as a workstation? My main problem with FreeBSD is
:my mouse jerks with hard disk activity. Sound goes a bit weird with 100% CPU
:activity here and there but I haven't noticed the mouse jerking about under
:those conditions. I think it'll probably be much the same between the two at
:the moment won't it? Is the VFS stuff you're currently hacking away at the
:thing that may improve the hard disk situation?
:
:Thanks :-)

    You'll have to try it and find out.  It should be 'reasonable', unless
    the machine has so little memory that it is paging continuously.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>