Re: Audigy 2 noisy output

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:58:35 -0500 (EST)

> Joerg is right :). I have downloaded the demo from opensound.com and it
> works like a charm. There is no more noise. I am gonna spend the next 7
> days enjoying music and thinking about buying a driver for 45
> dollar which I could have had for free or fixed by myself if only I
> knew how to write C. I would have preferred to invest these 45
> dollars into some open source project (what is a soundcard
> driver compared to a nice T-shirt?). Is there any chance that
> you would fix the driver for a similar amount of money?

I certainly don't have the skills to do it.  Plus, there's no specific
items (like t-shirts) to buy right now that will fund DragonFly.

Buy it!  That $45 is an investment in DragonFly; it's making a commercial
product viable on a open source platform.  Creating a viable third-party
software sales structure is what open source software needs; commercially
valuable open source projects like Linux and Perl are worthwhile because
of what can be built on them.

Heck, I'd pay money to have good 3D drivers for my recent ATI cards; I'd
pay money for a lot of software if it was a good alternative (if there was
any alternative?) to free projects.