DragonFly BSD wiki

From: "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:23:08 +0100

Hey everyone,

I've started a wiki for pretty much All Things DragonFly BSD. No, wait, stop! I know there are already Wikis for other internal projects (installer, GoBSD, etc); I know there are other resources. Why one more? Several reasons:

o At the moment, there isn't really a central page which organizes these other online (and offline) resources that have been made for DragonFly BSD.

o I'm starting my work on the ``Developing for DragonFly BSD with the C programming language" document that was recently discussed in the ``learning dragonfly or C'' thread on kernel@.

o To give (interested) developers a central place to put information about what they're doing (and what's still on their plate).

There are more uses for the Wiki, and if I thought for a couple more minutes, I'd probably be able to actually think of several more good ones, but this email's just mostly to let people know of its existance. So if you've got anything to feed the Wiki, please do!

I know Wikis aren't always everybody's favorite things. This one is running MediaWiki, the same software that Wikipedia & co use as well. I find it to be pretty decent. YMMV.

--Devon