Re: Laptop and live cd

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:24:47 -0800 (PST)

:fyi to keep people from reading the whole thread, the patch bryan is talkin=
:g=20
:about should be this:
:
:...
:    * to set the command byte to particular values.
:    */
:   test_controller(kbdc);
: - test_kbd_port(kbdc);
: + //test_kbd_port(kbdc);
: =20
:   err =3D get_kbd_echo(kbdc);
: =20
: This patch fixes my booting problems.  Any problems with
: test_aux_port have most likely already been fixed by a
: recent commit.
: =20
: Andrew Lankford
:=2D---8<----
:
:unless i'm mistaken we don't support dynamic load-time flags, do we? jhb go=
:t a=20
:more streamlined patch for that too in the same thread.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    I will generate an ISO today with this patched in so those people with
    the issue can test the ISO, but the neither the FreeBSD patch nor the
    commit has any explanation as to why a simple keyboard probe crashes
    certain machines and It would be nice if we could figure out the actual
    issue before committing anything.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>