Re: Laptop and live cd

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:55:08 -0800 (PST)

:
::fyi to keep people from reading the whole thread, the patch bryan is talkin=
::g=20
::about should be this:
::
::...
::    * to set the command byte to particular values.
::    */
::   test_controller(kbdc);
:: - test_kbd_port(kbdc);
:: + //test_kbd_port(kbdc);
:: =20
::   err =3D get_kbd_echo(kbdc);
:: =20
:...

    Here is an ISO generated with this patch, just for those people experience
    the live CD booting problem to see if it solves the problem.

    http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~dillon/dfly-20041227-current.kbd.iso.gz

    I still have no idea why this breaks some keyboard controllers, and I'm
    not sure we can safely remove the line permanently.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>