Problem booting AMD Athlon XP 2200+ from CDROM

From: Jonathon McKitrick <j_mckitrick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:40:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I found a BIOS feature that lets me directly select the boot device after POST.  The CD
won't autoboot, but I am able to manually select it, and the BTX loader begins loading.

Right after the ACPI/DragonFly ascii boot screen, before I can hit anything,
I get Error: stack overflow and a bunch of K=0000000 lines.

I believe I got the latest stable, which should be built with gcc2,
correct?  I found messages in the archives that there were some problems
with gcc3, but that was all.

Any idea what this could be?

Jonathon