Re: Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:58:42 +0100

EM1897@xxxxxxx wrote:
<cut>

Tyan is on my blacklist, ever since having to recall 38 systems from
throughout the world because they spontanously rebooted due to a
power design flaw...Again, it all SOUNDS great, but until I get it on the bench its just a lot of words.

<cut>
If I would have a blacklist for all hardware returned due to manufacture f**k up, I will not be able to buy any hardware. If I would have a list for banned software due to programmer f**k up, it would surely get real quite around here.

For me it is important how the manufacture handles these issue, Tyan in this case is not worse or better then any of the other manufacters out there.

The motherbord is now in post-production and although I have not had the chance to test it for my self I base my opinion on the german magazine iX, however I agree with you that till now it are just a lot of words ;-).

--
mph