Re: Dragonfly and Hyperthreading....

From: Andreas Hauser <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 8 Mar 2005 13:33:13 -0000

davidxu wrote @ Tue, 08 Mar 2005 20:16:03 +0800:

> But these chipsets are not used widely as VIA's, and you could get
> lots of trouble in open source world, either SATA will not work or
> USB not work, or ACPI won't work (NVIDIA always has this problem, and
> will continue the story.)

My amd64 NVidia board works rather nice (SATA, USB, ACPI, Sound, firewire).
The only thing we currently have a problem is one of the two onboard
ethernets and even that is only a problem in the driver on our side.

Imho, NVidia makes very decent chipsets.
And compared to ATI e.g. it is very nice to us (dfports/x11/nvidia-driver).

Andy