Re: DragonFlyBSD not in compliance with RFC 1122

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:54:07 -0800 (PST)

:The router in question is a Cisco and is dropping the packets from
: that arrive on due to anti-spoofing rules. I
:was just hoping for an elegant solution. As I've mentioned I added a
:work-around with IPFW but I'm not pleased with it.
:I was quite surprised that FreeBSD doesn't support this even in 5.3. I
:would have thought that the Zebra problem alone would be reason enough
:to implement it. DragonFly is obviously affected too.
:(The Debian machines I administer would just require a "route add
: gw" to add the second default route.)
:It's a problem that has gone unresolved in FreeBSD for over 18 months so
:I guess it doesn't affect enough people to be a priority. I was just
:wondering if it was planned for the ongoing DragonFly routing overhaul.

    Ah, I thought it would wind up being something like that.
    This is actually a problem that has gone unresolved for over 10 years.
    I've wanted to support multiple routes to a target forever.

    The issue is that the route table module is a morass of unreadable code.
    Jeffrey Hsu has been cleaning it up, and eventually I believe we will
    be able to support multiple generic routes.  If you happen to be a
    programmer and want to take a shot at it (hint hint) the door is open!