Re: for when dragonflyBSD next release?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:31:12 -0800 (PST)

:Hi there,
:Does the core-team still handles releases.. or one should look for
:goBSD or fireflyBSD for that?
:
:If so (has I expect) is there any kind of vague plan for a release?
:
:Last public release was 1.0a, some time ago...
:
:April?
:Spring?
:Summer time?
:Outumm?
:2006?
:
:I would just like to have a clue...

    I was hoping to do the second official release in February but there
    were still a number of outstanding issues.

    I intend to release at the end of this month.  There are three
    outstanding issues that I want to see fixed before the release.  The
    browser lockup issue, the tcp panic, and a make seg-fault.  Two of the
    three are 'trivial' and should be fixed ASAP.  The browser lockup issue
    is a bit more involved.

    The release cycle will take about two weeks.  We'll start by slipping the
    stable tag (probably before the browser lockup issue is fixed), then
    start doing release engineering based on that tag, get the browser issue
    fixed, document the new features, then release.