Re: xorg +XGI Volari XP5

From: Hummel Tom <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:51:44 +0200

It's not the cost that was my argument, but power usage.

that's why i mentioned the Turion64...

You can get a Pentium-M for the same price, albeit with less MHz (but not less performance perse!). Besides, a Turion64 uses more power.

i doubt about the price, amd products tend to be much cheaper.
the Turions is at the same level as the P-M when it comes to power consumption
The Turion64 ML at 1800Mhz, has a TDP 25watts...
The Dothan Intel specs with 21 Watts...

While in my personal experience AMD always stated a very high TDP while the real usage is _much_ lower (e.g. winchester 3500+ TDP 67 real usage is 39)

Transmeta is still in the Pentium 3 non-coppermine/tualatin days where performance is concerned, just like VIA with their C3. I won't seriously recommend that to anyone buying a new notebook.

AMD Goede NX 1000Mhz@xxxxxxxx in the ULV segment both AMD and Intel have similiar platforms