Re: Spontaneous reboot before AND after memory swap

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 09:32:29 -0700

Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
Hi all,

I'm running 4.11 on a server, and for the last week or so it has been
spontaneously rebooting about once a day or so...

I have a machine that was doing the same thing because the BIOS has an over-temperature auto-shutdown feature. For reasons I don't understand, FreeBSD would shutdown and reboot the machine instead of powering off. DFly on the same machine would power off completely.