Re: can one use USB attached storage (hard disk) for crash dumps?

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:16:09 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:Hello!
:
: Since I can not use ips driver for crashdumps I was wondering whether I :could use hard disk connected via USB to the machine to perform crashdumps?
:
:Toma¾

    I don't think that will work but since it goes through the CAM layer
    I'm not sure if CAM provides a crashdump abstraction or not.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Crash dump support for the ips driver is simply a matter of porting it from FreeBSD HEAD.

					-Hiten
					Hiten Pandya