Re: PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:21:33 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
<cut>
    This is proven out by the number
    of commits to dfports recently (just 2 files in the last 60 days, and
    18 in the last 90).  dfports has clearly outlived its usefulness.
<cut>
    Having DragonFly support the PKGSRC environment will also be beneficial
    to PKGSRC as it will add another operating system and ensure even better
    portability.  NetBSD's support of PKGSRC will greatly reduce problems
    we would otherwise face when we start working on 64 bit support.
<cut>

I heartly agree, but I wonder how much it will be the "official" port infrastructure, for example (no intend to bikeshed coloring, as long as its green) I being a long and hardish FreeBSD user found /usr/local the logical places for the installed ports, do we intend to default pkgsrc packages installation to there?

--
mph