Linux Emulation in the Future

From: John Duncan <agley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Sep 2005 19:47:23 +1000

Hi,
   Can anyone tell me whether brandelf has a future under DragonFly and
   pkgsrc ? I noticed references to elf notes a while ago on the kernel
   mailing list and started to wonder.

   I run a Linux program which carries its own build system and will
   probably never have the appropriate elf notes and needs branding.I
   notice on FreeBSD that brandelf is used by the ports system.

   I have run NetBSD a bit and know that they don't have brandelf or
   similar, they insist on correct elf notes.I haven't had much luck
   with Linux emulation on NetBSD because of this ( for this old
   program).

   Just so I know what is coming.

                                 All the best,
                                    John Duncan