DragonFly users List (threaded) for 2005-09
Re: PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release
Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:21:33AM +0200, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
I heartly agree, but I wonder how much it will be the "official" port
infrastructure, for example (no intend to bikeshed coloring, as long as
its green) I being a long and hardish FreeBSD user found /usr/local the
logical places for the installed ports, do we intend to default pkgsrc
packages installation to there?
I don't think that would be a good idea nor that FreeBSD's decision was
good either. Separating managed and unmanagaed third-party programs
becomes really handy once you have to use the latter :-)
What I would really like is if we could come up with a pkg library,
which programs would query for their install location. Something like
Matt's varsym links, but as a portable library. Would this be too
* Given a package name return the path to its install location
char *PkgBase(const char pkgname)
* Given a package name, and a path rewrite the path using the install
* location. Used when it is difficult to rewrite hard coded paths.
* Assuming the following entires in the pkg database.
* pkg = "gcc"
* pkgbase = "/home/max"
* pkghardbase = "/usr/local" # Only required for packages where
* # it is difficult to modify the
* # install base
* rewrite("gcc", "/usr/local/bin/gcc") -> "/home/max/bin/gcc"
char *PkgBaseRewrite(const char pkgname, const char path);