Re: New project machines on order.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:01:56 -0700 (PDT)

:
:2005/9/29, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
:>
:> :
:> :On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:39:12PM -0500, Jason wrote:
:> :> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
:> :> >nv(4). We had it for ages. :-)
:> :>
:> :> Yep, it's there, but it looks like it isn't hooked into the build yet,
:> :> at least not on 1.2-slip, and support for the nforce4 isn't in 1.2-slip.
:> :
:> :I'm pretty sure that it is hooked up. But keep in mind that it is a
:> :kernel module only.
:> :
:> :Joerg
:>
:>     Yes, it is hooked up.  kernel module only.
:>
:>     Note that it's almost identical to FreeBSD's nve.  I brought in what
:>     little stuff remained and I also fixed two watchdog timeout bugs.
:>     However, there is still some sort of occassional watchdog timeout bug
:>     in there somewhere (but at least now it is able to recover from them).
:>
:>                                         -Matt
:>                                         Matthew Dillon
:>                                         <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
:
:Out of curiosity, are these similar to the device timeout bugs that
:are apparent in the FreeBSD driver? I'd love to see the commits that
:fixed this; I've got FreeBSD running on my Ultra 20 and nve(4) is
:really bugging. Maybe it's an excuse to install DragonFly again :P.
:
:--Devon

    Just look at the commit logs/files in CVS for the driver.  There
    are two bug fixes:

[ /usr/src/sys/dev/netif/nv ]
revision 1.16
date: 2005-09-19 18:51:08 -0700;  author: dillon;  state: Exp;  lines: +38 -4
Fix the infinite-watchdog timeout problem.  the pending_txs count was not
being reset when the interface was reinitized, even though al lthe packets
in the tx ring are lost by that action.

call pfnInit() at attach time.  This appears to fix the initial watchdog
timeout problem, which was probably occuring because nv_init() was calling
nv_stop() which was making NVidia API calls before actually initializing
the NVidia interface for the first time.

Properly clear OACTIVE in the TX packet callback if the TX ring previously
became full. (freebsd)

Add support for MCP8-11 (FreeBSD)

NOTE: watchdog resets will cause mbufs for packets in the txring to be
lost (this occured before this commit too).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>