Re: Hi all

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:30:23 -0800

E. Gad wrote:

> Anyway my question is this-  I had looked at FreeBSD
> 6.0, it had a few to many "gotchas"- (For
> example-nvidia didn't work as well as I would have
> thought).
>
> What might someone say to a BSD novice considering
> DragonFly ?

Well, I offer my opinion as one novice to another:

If you truly don't have a few years of experience
with FreeBSD and don't feel completely comfortable
with it, then I'd suggest sticking with FreeBSD
until you *do* feel more comfortable.

FBSD is an older project with more users who can
advise you on newbie problems.  I'd say: come back
in a year and ask again.  (I'll still be here ;o)