Re: Thinkpad 570E and Cardbus errors

To: andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:01:27 +0200

andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey all,

I'm not entirely new to DflyBSD but I haven't kept any install of it on my PC
for any length of time. I've been a follower of the project for some time and I
	finally have a machine I think I can run dfly on full time, but.. I need
	some help.

	I'm currently trying to get it working on my Thinkpad
	570E(circa 2000). The problem is that the cardbus throws some errors and I
	can't get any of the PCMCIA cards to load. I had a similar problem with
	FBSD but I solved it by running `sysctl hw.cbb.start_32_io=0x4000` and
	re-inserting the card. I tried the same thing from the Dfly installCD but it
	didn't seem to work. I'm a bit wary about wiping FBSD off this machine in
	favor of dragonfly and have the cardbus not work at all.

	I got the idea to run that command from this page:
	http://www.ayukov.com/essays/freebsd-on-thinkpad-570.html

Any assistance much appreciated.

Try booting without ACPI and see if that makes a difference.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx