From: Max von Seibold <maxvonseibold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:00:01 +0100

Does anyone know of any documentation, or howto's on configuring bootblocks. I have two hard drives in my tower and have DragonFly on one. I want to install debian on the second. I am familiar with GRUB but cannot find anything when I google Bootblocks.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Regarding the issues of production servers. I would like to point out that as a relative *nix newbie I chose Dragonfly because it was new. OpenBSD and NetBSD seemed daunting and FreeBSD seemed wrapped up in all manner of debate. I would probably have found FreeBSD simpler but hey, here I am and I liked the freshness surrounding Dragonfly.

I think the statements regarding the need for documentation are very accurate. Trying to glean information from posts, and websites can only get you so far (quite far with a lot of patience). This installation guide was very nice I thought:-

And the new Wiki is useful but it is clearly written from a highly experienced users point of view.

Thankyou to all.